
Yesterday I went grocery shopping at Costco. I needed 2 lemons for the strawberry jam I was making but didn't want to make a trip to another store. Costco had a 5 lb. bag of lemons.
I decided to buy it. I made the jam; Andrew and Garry made lemonade. My culinary challenge for the week is to find creative ways to use the remaining 3 lbs. of lemons.
Lemons are versatile and can be used in a range of dishes:
- Main: lemon chicken (Chinese style) or with a creamy fettucini white sauce
- Side: lemon rice with vegetables
- Salad: with a Caesar; I also found a lemon dressing recipe; mixed with various vegetables--especially broccoli
- Dessert: lemon souffle, lemon curd tart, lemon poppy seed pound cake, lemon bars and, of course, lemon meringue pie.
Lemons are often paired with berries--especially raspberries. And they are often used as garnishes including the classic lemon in water.
So, we'll be having several lemon dishes this week--but not all in the same meal. If you have any suggestions of lemon recipes you enjoy, send them our way!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness that's a lot of lemons, are you tired of them yet? Thanks for making your blog so we can read it. Danny and I both love seeing what you are up to.
I freeze the juice in ice cube trays for later use.
You haven't updated for a while-but I shouldn't say anything-I haven't either. 8-) Miss you!
Post a Comment