Thursday, December 27, 2007

Candyland Schmandyland


Jen's months-long wait of playing Candyland with Andrew ended on Christmas when he received the boardgame from Grandma and Grandpa Wolverton. We played one game with him shortly after he opened it. Since then, on several occasions, we've tried to play with him but he insists on playing it himself. It appears he may have inherited a recessive trait known to be from Jen's side of the family.


Garry: Can I play Candyland with you? (for the 3rd time)
Andrew: No, I want to do it all by myself! (for the 3rd time)
Garry: OK, Danny.
(Jen's brother Danny has a reputation for playing board games by himself even when others offer--and sometimes even beg--to take on one of the 3 or 4 players on his board.)

Perhaps early intervention will allow us to prevent him from following the tendencies of his maternal uncle.

2 comments:

Heather M said...

Congratulations on the new game! Definitately a 'must-have'. I love Andrew's playing alone idea. Sara brought Candyland over a couole of weeks ago and Abigail had the same reaction. Pierce and Erin were showing her how to play and all she wanted to do was play by herself. :)

Rebecca said...

I wish my kids would play alone more often. Maybe you don't want to curb that idea, but it would be nice if someday he let his siblings play along.