Monday, April 21, 2008

Andrew's Birthday



(Roll over slide show to see captions.)

For Andrew's birthday, he got to go on an airplane to see Grandma Martin. Not that the ticket was really his present, but it turned out that we flew on his birthday. It was his first flight that he remembers and he loved it.

The next day, we celebrated his birthday with his cousins, Paige, Gaige and Brooklyn. Andrew's grandparents, aunts and uncles also came.

We had a jungle theme this year. Incidentally, after I ordered a few items for his party, I discovered that a friend had just finished a similar party for her son. She was kind enough to give us her leftover items so we went all out!

Andrew didn't get his present from mom and dad until a couple weeks after his birthday on our first (and, thus far, only) sunny Saturday in April. He got an empty sandbox and then came with us to get the sand for it. He spent at least four hours in there that first Saturday. (Mom made sure he got lots of fluids.) (Thanks, aunt LeRoyne, for the fun sand toys!)

3 comments:

Heather M said...

What a fun time, Andrew's party looks great. I hope he had a wonderful time! I love the face painting. :) You did a great job with the decorations.

You have had a busy month!
Thanks for the update.

Britain said...

What a cute party idea. It looks like Andrew had a great time. I especially like the painted faces. So fun.

Rachel D said...

What fun! Happy birthday, Andrew! We just redecorated Brighton's room in a jungle theme, so bring your hat and come on over.