In anticipation of our upcoming trip to Israel and London, we have spent the last week or so gradually moving up our sleeping schedule. There is a 10-hour difference between Portland and Israel and we were worried about how the kids would handle it (and how we would handle it with kids who weren't handling it). So, Garry and I decided we were going to adjust our schedule--complete with a chart. The sleeping part hasn't really been a problem. We have been waking around 4:30 a.m. this week feeling well-rested. However, it has been pretty crazy during the rest of the day with the kids. While things are going smoothly for Garry at work, I'm at home wondering why the kids are screaming at 1:00 p.m. only to realize it is dinner time. My usual daycare appt. at the gym coincides with Emily's nap meaning I don't get the break her nap time usually affords me. Etc.
Is it worth it? I guess we won't know until we get there.
Meanwhile, this will be our last post until we return.
4 comments:
Great Idea. It took Abigail and I a couple of days to adjust to the time change. Have a wonderful time!
Have a fun trip!!!
Can't wait to read all about it when you get back! Happy traveling!
Checkin' in to see if you're home yet...guess not. Hope you're having a blast! I look forward to the pics!
Post a Comment